Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chapter One

Today I had my first day of classes. I arrived at school 2 minutes before class so I ran down the tunnel, cried a little bit as I watched Timmy Hoes blur by- coffee is essential for triggering my attention span-and strolled into class right as my prof called my name. I gave him a big grin, waved, and he smiled back. Good. He doesn't hate me. Yet.

Once class was done I headed down the tunnel, watched everyone speedwalk to their next class, sans wheelie back packs thank god- apparently that's the new hyphy in Manitoba- then realized "Hey, I'm done for the day!" I experienced two seconds of momentary excitement until I realized that it was only 9:30 in the morning and I had nothing better to do with myself for the rest of the day. I had nothing to do until thursday morning for that matter. Nothing to do for the next two days, but party. Damn.

Well luckily for me, after a wild goose chase for a classroom meeting that didn't exist, and a solid hunt for binder dividers that were apparently sold out across the city, I logged onto paws and the classes that I'd wanted to get into more than anything, and solely just the two classes I wanted, had opened up and were beckoning me to pounce them. My class schedule for term one was no longer a virgin to the arts. My mom's credit card may take a bit of a raping but hey, that's why university exists. To take our parent's hard earned cash and give us degrees that are hopefully not useless in the work force by the time we graduate. Also so that we can make hard earned cash one day, and spend it on awesome things like travelling and booze- and possibly settling down one day, so that we can raise kids and get robbed by the university for their schooling. It's a beautiful and vicious cycle. Yup. That's my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment